Welcome to ~ FOR YOUR TEARS ~ If this is your first time here I would love for you to visit my first post from June 21st, 2009 THIS COMES FROM MY HEART and also my post from February 20th, 2010 SAYING GOODBYE.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SUMMER


I find it hard to believe that summer is already here. The time moves to quickly and everything always seems so rushed. I would love to be a child again and be able to enjoy summers like I use to.

Back in Illinois growing up we would only have Geraniums in the summer. Living here in Southern California I have the pleasure of seeing them all year long.

I can't believe that on the 11th of June it will be a year since our trip to Europe for three weeks. I don't think there is a day that goes by where I don't dream of going back. It was never my dream to go but it is definitely my dream to go back!

When we were young we would spend a lot of time in Union Pier, Michigan. My grandparents on my fathers side had a summer home there. It wasn't on the beach but we would often walk or drive (not me, that would be my dad who drove. My grandfather didn't drive, my grandmother didn't drive and my mother didn't drive) to the sand dunes nearby. I have fond memories of walking to the bowling alley for ice cream cones. It was the very kind of  old fashioned bowling alley that you could dream up in your mind today. I remember hearing the pins as they fell. We didn't bowl, just stopped for that cone to eat at the counter.

Then is was on to the bestest little store in town. It had a beachy smell and you could hear the sand under your shoes. It was called Kopack's and they carried beach items, t-shirts, lotions and had the best penny candy selection. Not to mention fun card games to buy like Old Maid.

This was back in the 50's so just close your eyes and think about a unique dime store. Oh how I long for those days. (I put the link that I found for my purposes, you don't have to go to it.) But it did mention that Czechs from our area in Illinois would go there. I am 100% Bohemian and my grandparents were from Czechoslovakia.

I remember the beach having a sweet little concession stand. I can hear the door opening and closing with that sound of sand on the wood. I can see the dunes with the wispy stalks of grass and I remember how much fun it was to go into the grey sun bleached wooden little place and come out with a Nutty Buddy bar. Yes they were around in the 50's!

We never got to share that place with our own children but my father had a small cottage in Antioch, IL that his grandchildren got to enjoy. It was a small little place on a lake with a fun pier to swim off of. They also have fond memories of their summers growing up. Memories are the best. I pray you can make some beautiful memories this summer.



If you are here to request a handkerchief to catch your tears or the tears of someone you know and love please email me at dpucci9972@gmail.com . I will need a full name, address and a brief description of who passed away. Also if there is a link to a blog I would love that also. Please know that I care.  ((HUGS))


7 comments:

Nan & Mike said...

What a sweet remembrance of your childhood, thank you for sharing, and for reminding me I need to keep making new memories no matter what they are :) Love, Nan xoxoxo

trennia said...

Thank you, Debby.
I am taking a leave from my blog for awhile,but I will be reading and praying for othre's.I am having hard times right now that I don't know if I want to share or not on my blog.I have a heavy heart in alot of areas of life.Thank you for sharing and reminding us to cherish and make memories.

Chatty Crone said...

Love your memories. sandie

Ginny Marie said...

Such a nice post! What happy summer memories! I love visiting those beach towns in Michigan.

Empty Nester said...

What lovely memories. My decade of being a little kid was the 60s and I remember the dime stores! There was one near my grandparents house and my grandmother and I frequented it often. Just loved that store! These days, I love the Dollar Store! :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'm sorry I came over here last week but then got busy with work and didn't comment.

What a beautiful post as always. I love you do the handkerchiefs for people it is such a touching gift!

OMGosh it's been a year? I can't believe that!

Rick said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of Union Pier. I used to spend the summers there with my family in the 1950's and well remember Kopacs and the bowling alley. I hadn't been back there since I was a kid. I was back in the Midwest last week for a wedding and decided to spend a few days there. Brought back a lot of fond memories...and created some new ones.

SPECIAL REQUEST: I would sincerely appreciate it if you did not share my Ministry on Facebook or Pinterest so I can continue to mail out my handkerchief's. These audiences are just too big for my small ministry.....thank you.

Blog Archive

This blog is my way of sending love to women who have unbelievable heartache after the loss of their child. I will send a handkerchief to catch all their tears. Debby

DONATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE IN MEMORY OF:

Nicholas - Sophia - Alexander
Meredith Helen
Nate
Ella
Butter
Kasey
Emma and Chase
Tristan
DeKar
Sparky & Fishy Liebman
Kennedy & Drew
Baby Whitacre
Patton Family
Ella Grace
Jake
DeKar Ezri Schmidt
Nicholas
Aidyn
Emma Hope
Baby Harp
Baby Drapcho
Baby Brown


Sent With Love To:

The Mother's of Sandy Hook who lost their children - Abigail - Alisha - Amy - Kyla - Carol - Christa - Andrea - Julia - Ashley - Angelique - Kayla - Amber - Melissa - Judy - Felicia - Veronica - Summer - Nancy - Alicia - Sydnye - Kristi - Miranda - Shawna - Rebecca - Roxanne - Bethany - Danielle - Tracie - Kate - Reva - Amber - Lizz - Cassandra - Rebecca - Lisa - Laura - Louise - Courtney - Rose - Beverly - Vicky - Regina - Debi - Sumar - Michelle - Kaitlyn - Vanessa - Megan - Jenny - Crystal - Elizabeth - Brogan - Amy - Liz - Teresa - Christina - Cate - Stephanie - Cindi - Erica - Lindsay - Ashley - Dianna - Michelle - Tiffany - Elane - Kathleen - Nicole - Brittany - Magen - Hayley - Julie - Renee - Jessica - Jamie - Rachael - Lynn - Anne - Heather - Bethany - Erica - Sarah - Tracy - Joanna - Caitlyn - Jennifer - Sarah - Donna - Candice - Kimberly - Michael - Carrie - Jessica - Norman - Larissa - Michelle - Lisa - Anthony - Erica - Jessica - Miranda - Heather - Michaela - Nikki - Alexis - Kaydence - Angi - Erica - Adrienne - Djamel - Angel - Adrena - Lauren - Christi - Katherine - Stacey - Jessica - Christina - Amanda - Stephanie - Jennifer - Sarah - Dora - Theresa - Sky - Nneka - Julie - Burton - Janetta - Judy - Crystal - Nicole - Bernadette - Leigh Ann - Janet - Mary - Haleigh - Dorothy - Melissa - Nora - Lisa - Erin - Diana - Roteavia - Veronica - Natalie - Amanda - Rose - Grace - Tiffanie - Georgia - Mercedes - Terri - Vrunda - Whitnee - Lauren - Danglam - Mariko - Te Cara - Nancy -Michelle G - Angela - Cathy - Michelle - Natasha - Ashley/Charles - Lindsay - Kathleen - Nikki - Katie - Susan - Becky - Brittany - Jennifer - Cath - Jessica - Tracy - Kaleigh - Amanda - Anna - Felicia - Mikayla - Jennifer - Karalea - Linda - Stephanie - Micah -

Sent With Love To:

Whitney - Renee - Bernadette - Melanie - Rachael - Rita - Raquel - Melissa - Joe - Gloria - Jessica - Amy - Sarah - Patty - Wendy - Regina - Marge - Lisa - Becky - Julia - Jennifer - Rachel - Brandi - Lori - Julie - Kara - Kimberly - Angelle - Alexandra - Andrea - Christy - Heather - Angela - Cheri - Logan - Dave - Cathrin - Kelly -Kent/Ronda - Chris - Melissa - Megan - Shelby - Rebecca - Amy - Hope - Rachel - Crystal - Pat - Mr.&Mrs.O'Neil - Amber - Bianca - Michaela - Debbie - Rebecca - Laura - Amanda - Kirsten - Amy - Andrea - Crystal - Anna - Deanna - Robynne - Carey - Lisa - Amanda - Candice - Sheryl - Ashley - Donna - Samatha - Caroline - Rhonda - Brandy - Brooke - April - Jenny - Rebecca - Kimberly - Janie - Brandie - Emily - Rebecca - Amanda - Becky - Shannon - Esmeralda - Patricia - Courtney - Caroline - Nicki - Meghan - Karen - Crystal - Sandra - Jeannie - Amanda - Amanda - Katie - Tesha - Laura - Stefanie - Jamie - Angie - Annie - Patti - Bonnie - Katrina - Laura - Angela - Paula - Amanda - Kaylan - Maria - Jennifer - Agnes - Teresa - Cathy - Nicki - Helen - Tabatta - Joni - Tiffany - Carrie - Jackie - Daisy - Renee - Bridget - Vanassa - Jessica - Chelsea - Mical - Keli - Catherine - Amanda - Kyla - Janie - Stacey - Angie - Tracey - Breanna - Shayne - Hazel - Ogelle - April - Tracie - Sunny - Anna - Crystal - Theresa - Alice - Ami - Ruth - Stacey - Jessica

Sent With Love To:

Karen - Kim - Jacie - Alyssa - Whitney - Tracy - Deanna -Elizabeth - Wendy - Amy - Mary - Jessica - Rebecca - Shannon - Diane - Leah - Kathryn - Paul - Lizdelia - Megan - Jodi - Jessica - Jodi - Andrea - Angie - Maridelle - Donna - Michelle - Megan - Liesel - Rita - Natasja - Stacia - Lindsy - Linda - Amber - Nancy - Amy - Cindy - Shanna - Trennia - Stephanie -Karol - Rachel - Cristina - Liana - Amanda - CarrieAnn - Carol - Dawn - Jamie - Sharon - Marinda -Angie - Anne - Natashia - Julie - Haley - Mechelle - Ginger - Christy - Kelly - Debra - Betty - Kelly - Amy - Lara - Kristi - Jodi - Hallie - Natascha - Charlotte - Mary Louise - Brittany - Kristen - Magdalina - Sheri - Elizabeth - Narelle - Dena - Kristin - Lorraine - Tenielle - Kathy - Sandie - Kristy - Hannah - Courtney - Tina - Alena - Jenny - Jennifer - Alissa - Jodi -Melissa - Mollye - Melissa - Brigette - Kim - Hina - Ashley - Sara - Doracy - Emilie - Kathleen - Melissa - Heather - Megan - Jamilyn - Kelly - Desiree - Laura - Amber -Iwona - Shelby - Brittani - Leia - Trena - Kellie - John/Sydney - Larissa - Mark - Dawn - Tiffany - Christa - Mattie - Jane - Dawn - Jennifer - Jamie - Kimberly - Jessica -Paula - Amy - Bethany - Carolyn - Rachel - Lisa - Monica - Priscilla - Lisa

Sent With Love To:

Shana - Holly - Tina - Christy - Juliet - Michele - Shalini - Brianne - Heather - Ashley - Marge - Emily - Susan - Kerry - Robin - Eliza - Cara - Kate - Jodi - Kara - Laura - Sarita - Jen - Nichole - Celia - Christina - Emalee - Heather - Mary - Leanna Nimoli - Jennifer - Danielle - Moriah - Amy - Katie - Angela - Michelle - Lindsey - Sally - Kristy - Celeste -Nicolle - Courtney - Karen - Nancy - Mirne - Lisa - Tiffany - Heather - Joyce - Andrea - Franchesca - Stephanie - Colleen - Jenna -Cristin - Laura - Malory - Angela - Rebecca - Shannon - Sara - Yelena - Selena -Heather - Lisette - Juanita - Brenda -Miss Stansberry - Crystal - Chanda - Brenda - Jill - Jennifer - Andrea - Meris - Cora - Lisa - Barbara - Michelle - Rhonda - Marina - Wendy - Sarhi - Alexxandra - Laura - Holly - Angela - Misty - Jessica - Sandy - Debbie - Heather - Crystal - Michielle - Amanda - Katy - Allison - Cori - Shandrea - Deni - Betty - Emily - Pamela - Amanda - Sarah - Krissy - April - Windy - Jennifer - Megan - L'Erin - Peggy - Joy - Lorena - Tiffany - Sarah - Samantha - Amber - Nancy - Kaitlyn - Mary - Kim - Faith - Becca - Katieanne - Madalyn - Laura - Mandi - Tiffany - Ash - Ashleigh - Amy - Kristin - Nicole - Destany - Hannah - Briana - Kailey - Zephira - Peyton - Melisa - Mary - Brianna - Holly -Megan - Mikayla - Brandy - Gina - Randi - Macy - Cortney - Hailey - Gwen - Lizzy - Amber Rose - Brittany -

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers


I also received this award from Shandrea at Loving My Angels

Thank you Jamie and Joanna for giving me this wonderful award.

Thank you Jamie and Joanna for giving me this wonderful award.
Forget-Me -Not, Oh Lord! and Pregnancy, Miscarriage & Life with Chronic Pain

THANK YOU SHANDREA

THANK YOU SHANDREA
Loving My Angels ~ Click to visit

WAVE OF LIGHT

WAVE OF LIGHT
2012

THIS PHOTO IS CALLED "A HUG IN YOUR HEART"

THIS PHOTO IS CALLED "A HUG IN YOUR HEART"
From me to you..........